Sunday 9 January 2011

What the PlayStation Logo Could Have Been


The PlayStation brand turned 15 years old recently, along with the brand's iconic "PS" logo. I'm definitely part of the "PlayStation Generation", I remember when I got my PlayStation, it was something that was on all boys Christmas lists. My interest into this at the the time were not from the design aspects. The PlayStation logo was designed by Manabu Sakamoto, who also designed the logo for Sony's VAIO computer products. At that time I was unaware that the logo that was on my PlayStation console wasn't the original concept for PlayStation. Would the PlayStation legacy be different if it used a different logo?

When the PlayStation was first being conceptualised, many different logos were proposed. Check them out:





1 comment: